Friday, September 28, 2007


Today I had intended on staying home to machine quilt the home of the brave quilt in my frame but I think I will go and do a little shopping. There are some desk accessories I need for my new computer table in my quilting room (it is so nice to be able to be on my computer whenever I want). I don't feel like shopping often (as a matter of fact I hate it) so I figured while I felt like it I should get it done.

Had a great time at my friend's house yesterday. We always have a good time. We have so much in common and can talk about anything. She is sometimes food for my soul. I love her very much. She understands me in some ways my family doesn't. But isn't that how it is with best friends? This is new to me. She is my first best friend (other than my soulmate, my wonderful husband, who gets me and loves me unconditionally). It is funny how it took me almost 40 years to find a best friend. And I don't think I found her, the Lord sent her to me. We met about 2 or 3 months after my Mom passed away. This was the second time we met. The first was in a bible study class at a mutual friend's house. I was a different person back then and was not open to friends. I lived a very isolated life. I didn't drive very far, only where I had driven before. I lived in fear constantly and was pretty much a home body. I took this bible class because secretly I wanted to change and didn't know how. This was a beginning. So anyway, I did not make friends with her then but later after my Mom had passed, I was trying to be more out going and was at a weekly skating group with my son (whom I was home schooling) and we met again. We finally figured out why we looked so familiar to each other. She asked a question about a quilting magazine I was reading and the rest as they say is history. We have been best friends ever since. It is great. I don't know what I was so afraid of except that I didn't want anyone to know the real me for fear that I would not measure up. I thought my faults were different than everyone else's. After I started getting out and making friends I realized that I was really no different than anyone else. We all have our faults, just like we all have our strengths. That was a wonderful lesson to learn. I just wish I had learned it sooner.

Quilt til your arm falls off...

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

T,
AWWWW! Thank YOU for being MY friend! I look forward to many more long talks, stitching, creating, dreaming (boy we do a lot of that!), crafting, learning and teaching ;).

I love you my friend!
V