Monday, September 3, 2007

Back Home...

We got back home yesterday, on my birthday. I was able to spend time with my family all day. The getaway was relaxing and I had a wonderful time but there is nothing like home and family. I had lunch with my children and then headed over to my Dad's house for cake and visiting. I share a birthday with my step brother, who has only been my step brother for 2 years. My Mom died from lung cancer in 2004 and my Dad met this my step mom about 4 months later. He was lonely and need a close friend at the time and they hit it off really good. They got married in 2005. We like her a lot. She has one son (the one I share a birthday with) and he has three daughters. Every year for my birthday they try to plan a party for both of us. I usually make my own plans for my birthday because I feel it is my day to do as I want and so sometimes the party doesn't always work out but it did this year.

I don't know why I got into all of that except to say I spent the afternoon at my Dad's and then came home because my in-laws were coming over to visit. As you can see we are a close knit family. I don't know anything else. It has always been this way for me. As a matter of fact the road I live on is entirely family, aunts, uncles, cousins, my Dad, and my sisters. The road is named after my grandfather and it was all his land. When he passed away it was parceled out to his children (6 of them) and they all live here today with most of their children near by. Enough of that!




Here is a picture of some of the Hawaiian blocks laid out like they will be in the quilt (this is only some of them as this will be a queen size quilt). I designed the center medallion appliqué and a friend in the small bee I'm in, appliquéd it. The others in the group (myself included) did the redwork blocks and we will put it all together, in time for our fund raiser. We have not decided if we will quilt it or just leave it as a top. Depends on how much time we have left.




This is what I am working on today. Hand quilting. This is an Underground Railroad Quilt. The pattern is an Eleanor Burns. It was a kit block of the month. I have to finish it by the end of September because it is going to be in a quilt show (not judged, just a showing of quilts). The show will be in a small town near where I live and it will be the first weekend in October.


Well I guess I better get back to quilting. Hope I didn't bore everyone with the family history but you know how it is, I get started and I can't shut up!

Quilt til your arm falls off....

1 comment:

Apple said...

I love that picture of you!!!
Tina