Monday, September 24, 2007

Dreams...


My Mom

I dreamed of my Mom last night. She died in 2004 from lung cancer. It was the first time I had a dream with her in it that I knew she was dead and she had come back for me to talk to her. In all the other dreams she had not died yet and they were more like memories replayed. This was different. As soon as I saw her I felt relief that I could talk to her again. I put my arms around her and told her I missed her. She said she missed me too. We walked for a while and talked. She looked like she did before she got sick but she was frail. It was not long. I whispered in her ear that I loved her and she said "I love you, too". I woke up way too soon and I was crying. It seemed so real. It made me miss her even more. It is funny how dreams are.

Today I will be crocheting on my selvage rug. Yesterday I sewed many of them together and rolled three balls. Here is a picture of what I have done so far. Hope everyone has a wonderful day today. Hug someone you love.


Quilt til your arm falls off...

No comments: