Friday, September 14, 2007

Bad Fabric...


I went shopping day before yesterday. I bought some 108" quilt backing fabric. It was 30% off. You know I couldn't pass that up. Even though I'm on a fabric diet. I am always in need of backings. You see, I hate to piece them. Once I get to finishing the top I just want to sandwich and quilt. Anyway, the piece of fabric to the far right was damaged (the colors are not the best in the photo). I was unfolding it to put it in the wash when I noticed something was quite wrong. About half way down the 3yd piece it was pieced together. It looked like they had overlapped it and serged it but, it was also ripped on the fold all the way down and a quarter of it was missing. I was disappointed and decided to take it back. Which is saying alot for me, I don't like to return things, I either give them away or store them for later use. I refolded and packed it up and went back to the store. The lady (which just happened to be the manager) at the counter was very apologetic and was more than willing to cut me a new piece (checking it out thoroughly of course). We talked about how the fabric could have gotten this far in the process without being noticed. I told her it was the way the fabric was folded, because it was a quilt back it is wide. It is folded in half then in half again, the mess up was in the inside fold. I wondered how the factory didn't see this before rolling it on the bolt but this is how it is today, not much quality control. Oh well, no harm done except a waste of gas to go back to the store and a waste of my time but then the fabric company doesn't think much of that.

Today I have my mammogram appointment to go to this afternoon. Does anyone else freak out at having to go? The process itself is not so bad. I am always in fear that they will find something. I usually breath a little easier after I get a report back that everything is clear. I am a worry wart! I should think positive until I have something negative to worry about but it is just not me. So I will go and get it done and then wait for the report, impatiently I might add (did I mention that patience is not one of my strong qualities, actually it is non-existent where I am concerned?).

Quilt til your arm falls off...

No comments: