Tuesday, October 2, 2007


Today I am getting some sewing done. I cut out the sashing and borders for the home of the brave quilt and I will be sewing the sashing strips on today. The picture is of the blocks and side borders with some of the sashing up on my design board. This quilt is supposed to be made with civil war reproductions but as usual some people can't follow directions and used what they thought looked like reproductions. From a distance it is OK but, it is sad that these quilts are going to families that have lost a loved one and the people that participated in this project can't get it right for them. Just sad. I don't know why people do that, participate but don't follow the rules. (I know because for a year I was in charge of the lotto blocks for our guild and you never knew what kind of blocks you would get even though you gave specific instruction. Enough whining about that. The quilt will over all be beautiful in the end.

The other picture is what is now hanging in my living room in place of the wool quilt. I just could not stand to look at that bare wall. This is an example of the quilts I usually make. Lots of fabric and very scrappy. I usually don't have to worry about matching things up that way --it's easier--especially if you use a neutral background. OH-OH, I may have a hard time hanging the wool quilt back up. I really like looking at all the fabric...what's a girl to do?


Quilt til your arm falls off...

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

I love that beauty hanging on your wall! And I can't wait to see the HOTB quilt finished.