Tuesday, October 16, 2007


I just finished quilting the hearts quilt for my friend. I did a curlique meander with hearts. I will be seeing her tomorrow and wanted to finish it today. I can mark this off my to-do list. Below is what I played with last night. At our woolie group one of the ladies brought over her Needle Felting Machine and some wool roving and silk roving. It was so much fun. (Are you listening my friend-you know who I mean. You would have had sooo much fun with this.) It was quick and easy to do. I could see making several gifts with this toy. It was a Baby Lock machine. I may have to put this on my Christmas list. All you did was separate the roving and laid it down on the background where you wanted it then used a stilleto to hold it down while 6 needles sewed it down. You moved it around like you were free motion quilting. What fun. You can use wool, cotton fabric on wool, lame fabric on cotton, whatever, it attaches it all. She had several books for us to look through also. I think if I would not have sat at the machine and did it myself I would have thought it was hard to do and not worth purchasing. I will have to think about this.

Quilt til your arm falls off...

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

Sounds really Neat-O! Too bad I was dancing with the stars last night! Thanks for sharing!

Vanessa