Monday, October 15, 2007

Good Monday Morning!
I'm feeling much better today than Saturday. I had my boo-hoo and decided to stick to my original decision not to go to Oregon. You know once I finally made to decision I felt better. Now I can help my husband prepare for his trip, which he is pretty excited about.

We had a large party over here last night. It was my MIL 70th birthday. My husband's entire family was here. We provided the meat and everyone else brought a dish. We had fun. It is so good visiting with family, especially the ones you don't see very often. We also picked names for Christmas (I know it's not even Halloween yet but) it is not often we have everyone together like that. Everyone was grumbling about it because they have to list suggestions on their slip of paper before it is folded and put in the basket. No one knew what they wanted. Then why do we pick names? Give gifts? Most everyone put gift cards down. I'm not a scrooge, far from it, I love Christmas and all it stands for but I think when the process of giving gifts gets difficult maybe we shouldn't be exchanging gifts. Could we not just get together on Christmas and spend time together, talking about what has been going on in our lives? Like we did last night. In todays world everyone usually just goes out and buys what they want when they want it. They don't know what they want for Christmas (my children included). At least that is the way it is with us.

This is some of what I did Saturday. I basted together my friend's quilt and I will hopefully get that quilted today. Isn't it cute with all those hearts. I am quilting this one on my regular sewing machine instead of loading it on my short-arm frame. Sometimes I just feel like straight line quilting instead of meanders. My friend doesn't care how it is quilted just so it gets done and looks good in the end. She does not like quilting, she is a piecer, loves to put tops together and gets others to quilt them for her. She does the most beautiful crazy patch quilts with silks and satin fabric. I'll have to see if I can find a picture of one of her quilts to show you. She loves hand work. Time for me to get to work I have a woolie group meeting here tonight.



Quilt til your arm falls off...

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

You are having such a positive attitude about your decision not to fly, and blessing your husband to boot! And having fantastic parties! You are a jewel!

Vanessa

Apple said...

I am glad that you are feeling better about your decision. I didn't want you to be upset about anything or regret not going. You know it is the right thing for you to do now. You and daddy can always fly again later...somewhere close and at your leisurly time (when you decide the time is right for you). I love you!!!