Monday, March 24, 2008

I hope everyone had a good Easter Day yesterday! We had a good day spent with family and friends. My oldest son was working but we were able to bring him a plate of food and visit with him in the evening. I also was able to bring the table into the house! It is finished! (I know you are probably tired of looking at pics of this table but I most show them anyway). My husband put many layers of tung oil and it and it is smooth as a baby's butt.


Here it is in place in the living room. I love it! It has a wonderful color to it with a little sheen.

Here is a close up of the top. My MIL is going to bring over some doilies that were crocheted by my husband's grandmother years ago. I will choose one to put on the top of this table. I want one with a lot of open space because I don't want to cover up that beautiful wood grain. History from both sides of the family. Puts a warm feeling in my heart. Bye for now, I have lots of work to do today.

Quilt til your arm falls off...

2 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Beautiful table. It turned out so well and I can just picture it with a lovely old doilie on the top. That will be stunning.

Apple said...

Dad sure is talented!!!