Wednesday, March 5, 2008


Here is a lovely yellow tulip in my flower bed. I am so enjoying them. The winds we had the other day kind of messed them up. I have some without petals and some of them broke off at the stem. I was a little upset about it at first but as my husband said "That's nature babe"!


This is a Thimbleberries BOM from 2005 (I think). I have been working on them this year and trying to get them finished. This is January and February. You got two blocks each month because one of the sets of blocks is supposed to be pieced to make the back of the quilt but I'm going to make two quilt tops out of it. They are a little hard to work on (alot of pieces in some of them) and I'm trying to sew my very best and make these the right size. You know how sometimes you finish your block and it doesn't measure what it is supposed to, what! that never happens to you! Well, it sure happens to me! A Lot! Well, on these I'm trying really hard to sew and exact 1/4 inch seam. It is stressful at times but I'll be happy with the finished results.

This is some other BOM's that I'm trying to finish. The two at the top are for the Louisiana BOM I purchased in Shreveport a few years ago, and the bottom one is for the Seasonal Delights BOM I have. These are the February blocks The January blocks are on January 19, 2008 if you want to check them out.

That is what I've been up to. A friend and I also dyed some fabric last weekend and I'm needing to iron them after washing then I will get some pics of them. When I do I'll post them. That's all for now.

Quilt til your arm falls off...

1 comment:

Needled Mom said...

Very nice. I hate it when my 1/4 inches don't work out perfectly! How can that be?????

Tulips and winds certainly do not get along well together. The poor tulips get just one chance to bloom each year and then the big bad winds blow them over.