Friday, January 18, 2008

These are some pictures from Christmas Eve that I didn't post about. My brother in law closed in his carport with roofing felt for us to cook outside without being too cold. We thought it looked dull so we grabbed some chalk and prettied it up. What do you think? We all got into the act, even the kids. It was fun.


See the pot of gumbo cooking in the bottom corner? It was so good! The snowmen look a little afraid that it might make them melt. Don' you think?

How about this little tree? It was so fun to just draw and not think about whether it was perfect or not. The kids loved the little gifts underneath. And the snowflakes were wishful thinking. I don't think I have seen a snowflake in this area for a long time. It nevers snows in the south. (well not never, there were about two times in my lifetime I can remember snow on the ground but it wasn't much and melted quick.)

I like this fireplace. Santa better watch out! He's about to get burned!

And here is a picture of my Nanny's feet. She always wears these flip flops. They are a special kind that she bought about 5 years ago and she swears she can wear not other shoe because they hurt her feet. She has bought many a pair over the past 5 years.She wears them year round and so this Christmas she had these cute socks to go with them. Very appropriate, I just had to snap a photo. Good thing she doesn't read my blog. She tan my hide if she saw this! That's all folk's. Have a great quilty day.

Quilt til your arm falls off...

2 comments:

Norma said...

That is a lady after my own heart! I would wear flip flops year around too if I could keep my feet warm. Love the quilty things on your blog........I will be back!

mereth said...

Socks and flip-flops, no, I can't be doing that! We call them 'thongs' in Australia which causes a lot of confusion in American company....
You'll love that Janome, I have one and it's a delight to use. I love the fact that you can move the needle wherever you want it, such a great feature.