Wednesday, January 16, 2008

I have not posted in a while but I have been busy sewing, finally. I have many projects to work on but have not felt like sewing because the things that I knew I had to work on I didn't want to work on. So this made me feel like I could not work on anything at all until the things I needed to get done were finished (I'm sure I'm the only one that understood that!). Does anyone ever feel like that? My creativity was stifled because of things I had to get done and did not want to work on. Anyway my friend suggested that I work on the "have to" project only on Saturdays and the rest of the week can be split up doing the projects that I wanted to work on. Such a simple suggestion but one that opened up a whole new concept to me. I didn't have to work on the same project everyday until it was finished if I didn't want to. (I'm a little slow sometimes!) Well anyway, that is what I started doing a couple of weeks ago and you know what? I finished the "have to" project on Saturday and I finished the "wanted to work on" projects yesterday. How about that. The creative juices started flowing and I got work done. So thank you my friend for the suggestion and here is a picture of the "wanted to work on" project. I will post pictures of the "have to" project later after it is quilted and bound. It is for a friend and her Mom is getting one too so I plan to work on the Step Mom's quilt at a retreat I have coming up in February.


It is two versions of a quilt that I will be teaching beginner quilting classes with. The first one I made on the right is very simple in it's color. I chose only a light, medium, and dark in three colors from the border fabric and the only other color is the sashing. I will use it to teach them about color value. Then I will show them the quilt on the left (which is my favorite) to show them that they can use many fabrics and still use color value and a border print to choose fabric for their projects.

I still have to type up cutting and piecing instructions and do a lesson plan but I should be ready to start in February. I'm so excited about this new venture in my life. I can't wait to help others get excited about quilting! That's all for now. I will hopefully be able to post more often. My daughter says I have to! HA!


Quilt til your arm falls off...

1 comment:

Apple said...

Yes, you do... don't you feel better now having finally posted something...