Tuesday, November 27, 2007


Today is guild day. I go to the morning and night meeting so it is a long day. Today we will have someone from a local quilt shop come to show us the new things she/he found at the Quilt Market and Festival in Houston. We will also have some of our members that went do a show and tell of things they bought. It ought to be interesting.

The quilt below is a quilt I made in 2001. The year I learned to quilt. While I was taking quilting classes I wanted another project so I started this one. It is from a book by Melissa Rae Hawley called "Fat Quarter Quilts". I just used some fabrics I had here at home (some are probably not even all 100% cotton--OH, for shame). I call it my ugly quilt because of the bright pink and green together, that is the first thing I thought when I finished it. Now it is the most used quilt in the house. We cover with it in the evenings. I need to think about changing the name. I don't even have a label on it (shame, shame, shame).



Quilt til your arm falls off...

1 comment:

Apple said...

I am so glad that you came back to us...I knew you would!!!!