Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Pictures of quilts...

Here are pictures of quilts I made for my three children when I first started quilting. They are from 2002. This one I made for my daughter. She is the oldest. She loves bright colors and many fabrics. This was the first paper pieced project I ever did. It took me 1 hour to make 2 blocks. The blocks measure 6 inches. I put a prairie braid border all around using scraps. I got the pattern for the prairie braid on Bonnie's site. I thought it looked real good with the snails trail blocks. My daughter loves it and keeps it on her sofa to use every day.

This quilt I made for my oldest son. It is a rag quilt made out of blue jeans (heavy as all heck). I put all of his cub scout badges and scarves and other patches he had from his younger days. It stays on his bed or balled up on the floor when his bed is not made but he never covers with it because he is very hot natured and never covers up. I made this in 2002 also.

This last one I made for my youngest son in 2002 also. I let him pick out the focus fabric and he chose lizards. It was a very colorful print so I picked out colors for the rest of the quilt using that fabric. I like the way it came out. There is a lot of movement and your eye moves around looking at all the lizards. He keeps it on his bed and covers with it every night. He doesn't use a cover sheet (he says he doesn't like the way it gets twisted up at night) so he covers with only this.
Tomorrow I will have my sinus surgery. I have a deviated septum and a tube will be put in my right ear to drain the fluid that has been in there and bothering me since August. It has never been able to be cleared up. Even after 2 rounds of antibiotics and cortisone and antihistamines and nasal sprays. I'm ready to have it better and be on the road to recovery. I may not be posting for a few days while I recuperate. I am hoping to feel better to do some sewing this weekend.

Quilt til your arm falls off...

1 comment:

Apple said...

your pictures didn't come up