Friday, November 2, 2007

More Christmas quilt gifts...

This is the quilt I made for my Sister in law in 2002. The pattern again from a magazine. An old one. I loved the look of it. Very festive. It had a large appliquéd border but I opted out on that. She uses it often. It stays year round on their sofa. I'm afraid I will have to make her another one because this one will wear out.


This is 2003 gift. I made it for my Mother in law. The picture is horrible. It was taken on a very old digital camera and printed out on an old printer. The colors look washed out. It is a pretty olive green with lavender and pinks. She has it on her bed and uses it all the time.



This is 2004 gift. I made it for my Brother in law. I thought it looked like a masculine type of quilt and again the pattern was in a magazine from that year. Very easy to make. The trees were pieced together scraps raw edge then appliquéd down raw edge. The border is all the leftover scraps. I really liked this one. It was hard to give away but, I get to visit it when I go over to there home. I lives on their sofa year round.

I am hoping to get started on the 1930's heart appliques for the other quilt I am working on. I have to cut out the background fabric which is Vintage white Kona cotton. Love that Kona cotton. It is a good weight and feel. Easy to work with.


Quilt til your arm falls off...

No comments: