Saturday, November 24, 2007

Table Runners

When my daughter got married in 2004, I had some really good friends help me out with the food and serving the food at the reception. I wanted to repay them for their kindness and hard work so I thought about making them a quilt but, I didn't have the time (after all my daughter was getting married) so the next best thing is table runners. This first one is flowers and a chicken. The friend loves chickens. She has them in her kitchen. The appliqués are made of wool and the rest is cotton. I thought it came out really cute. She liked it.

This one is wool appliqué's of fruit. This friend has her kitchen decorated with fruit. The colors are colors she likes and I thought it would fit her well. She was so surprised when she received it and she seemed to be happy with it.


This one is fused appliquéd dolphins. This friend loves the beach and oceans. The background is a batik that I used on the wrong side because the right side had streaks of gold color and wrong side of the fabric looked more like water.

Here is a close up of the quilting. I quilted seashells. All different kinds. I hope you can see them in the picture.

The bottom picture is the beaded tassel that I made for it. I had bought a lot of bead stuff to make the bridesmaids some earrings and bracelets as gifts for the wedding. I decided I had more than I need for that so I made the tassels. I like the way it came out. I think she loved it and still uses it.

Hope you enjoyed looking at these pictures.
I am enjoying the walk down memory lane.

Quilt til your arm falls off...

No comments: