Tuesday, April 1, 2008

They are finished!

I've been working on these since October. I wanted them to be a Christmas present for my two friends but I didn't even make Easter. HA! This first one is for Mary Lee. She is the one who owns the place were I get my hair cut. She is Chris's step mom. Such a special lady. So sweet and kind. I am going to try to get it to them this week.

The one below is for Chris. She is the one who actually cuts my hair. We have been seeing her for over 12 years. She is so upbeat and seems happy all the time. She is always interested and encouraging. I know they will love them and will be happy to receive them. Chris is getting married in August and is so happy about it. Her second marriage. She has three children. All young adults.

Now I can move on to another project. It just never ends. I'm doing Bonnie's Orange Crush Mystery and Step 1 was just posted yesterday.

Quilt til your arm falls off...

4 comments:

Needled Mom said...

You have been busy! Both quilts are lovely and I am sure that both will be cherished by their new owners. They are very thoughtful gifts. I'd like to see their faces when they receive them.

Vanessa said...

Good idea needled mom---maybe we'll get pics of Quilt-Nut giving the ladies their quilts????
Gotta run, I am off to the courthouse to change my name-----I'm thinking....MaryLee maybe??

Just kidding! Beautiful quilts and a real labor of love.

Apple said...

They are going to LOVE them and will be so surprised!!! (You better take pictures)...

Janet said...

THOSE are absolutely beautiful! What incredible gifts!!!