Monday, April 21, 2008

We are back! A very pleasurable weekend away at relatives home. We had a wonderful time. We ate well, had good conversation and played a Wii video game. My son had been wanting one for a while and they are hard to find so when my daughter saw one at the store this weekend she picked it up for him. It came with the sports games and we had the best time this weekend playing with that thing.

I'm very tired today, though, the concert that my husband was going to out of town was supposed to be on Saturday night but unexpectedly was moved to Sunday night because of a double booking. We didn't get home until 2:30am this morning and caught a few hours of sleep before hubby had to get up and go to work. I, of course, could not get back to sleep after he left so I got up and started my day but I'm dragging. Maybe an afternoon power nap will do the trick. My hubby, on the other hand, will have to make it up tonight.

Because I don't have pics to show right now the progress I'm making on Bonnies Orange Crush mystery project, I will show you a picture of a quilt I did way back in 2001. It is a stained glass quilt. This was the second class I took after my beginner quilt class. I must have lost my mind at the time because this was not an easy quilt to make. It is paper pieced. I love the way it came out though, and it hangs in my bedroom.



Speaking of classes, I've signed up for three classes at the Quilt University online. I have taken classes with them before and I love it. I can work at home at my own pace. Which right now is very important since I don't seem to have a minute to spare lately. The first class is "Combing through your Scraps" with Karen Combs. I'm also signed up for "Tesselating Stars" with Cindy Thury Smith and "Hand Quilting" with Nancy Chong. I'm looking forward to learning a lot.

That's all for today. Hope everyone has a quilty day!

1 comment:

Needled Mom said...

Love the stained glass quilt. The prairie points look great on the edges.

Enjoy your classes. That sounds like a great way to take a quilting class.