Wednesday, May 7, 2008



Here are the split nine-patch blocks that I made for the "Combing through your scraps" class I'm taking from Quilt University. I love the idea of using a block (in this case the Variable Star) to make the whole quilt. I really liked using my scraps and the split nine-patch were easy to put together. I used the Easy Angle Ruler for the half squares. I did find out that I don't have a lot of really light fabrics. I have more mediums. I did as the teacher suggested and used the backs of several of the light to mediums that I had. It worked. I think I will make some more of these and make a different block. I have my eye on an Ocean Waves block and for that I need 48 split nine-patch blocks. It will be an on going project. That's what I worked on this weekend. I am also working on my April and May Louisiana BOM. I had to redesign one of them. It was for LSU in Baton Rouge and I had to do ULL for the university in my city. I now have to do the machine applique on it. I will get to it later this week. Hope everyone is having a quilty day!

4 comments:

Vanessa said...

So cool what you did w/ your split nine patch. Love your choice of variable star to finish the quilt. Looks like something I may have to do. Unfortunately, it won't be as easy for me to comb through my scraps as it was for you. Your organization has paid off!
V.

Apple said...

V. is right...you are too organized sometimes!! ha ha

Elaine Adair said...

So pretty and not difficult! Also a great use of your scraps. I like those color combinations, and your project makes me want to do that also!

Needled Mom said...

It looks beautiful. I, too, find that I do not have a lot of lights. Reversing the fabric is a great way to help on that end.