1. There is absolutely NO way you can get me to fly in a plane (that is what I used to say, now I'm thinking of planning my first flying trip)!
2. Hurricane emergency kits reminds me that summer is almost here!
3. I cannot live without my bible first then needle and thread.
4. Painting a picture and flying to Hawaii are two things I'd like to try.
5. When life hands you lemons you believe that God is sending sweeter fruit.
6. Getting a banana seat bike with a basket on the handle bars for my birthday is my favorite childhood memory.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to going bowling, tomorrow my plans include whatever I feel like doing (I finally have a Saturday to stay home) and Sunday, I want to do more of the same (will probably include some sewing and quilting)!
Yesterday we had a scary morning. A twister passed through two doors down. It did not touch down but took the tops of the trees down across our road and the power lines with it. This is the first one I have ever experienced and never want to do that again. It was about 6:30am. The electricity cut off and I noticed my fan had stopped (I was in bed fixing to get up). The wind outside sounded different, it had a whistle to it I had never heard before. I jumped out of bed to tell my hubby what I had heard (he was in the kitchen eating breakfast before leaving for work). We looked outside and the trees were bent in half from the wind and things were blowing all over. It was hard to see because it was white from the rain. My SIL was leaving for work right when it was passing and he saw the trees come down in the road. He ran back into their home and got our daughter and ran over here, they live in a trailer. By the time we let them in (they were soaked) it was over except for the wind and still some rain. By 10am it was all over and the sun was shining. Our whole town got hit some way or another but some parts of town got it bad. There is a place we call the Oil Center (lots of businesses and doctor's offices) that had a direct hit. Windows blown out and roofs blown off. Our doctor's office was one of them.
I am counting my blessings this morning and praying for those that are in need. I'm not looking forward to hurricane season which is due to start here on June 1st.