Thursday, February 21, 2008


Thought I would show you what I was up to yesterday. This is my friend sewing the border strips together for a quilt she is making for a housewarming gift. She started it on Monday and needs it finished for Sunday. The blocks were all done when I went to help her yesterday. We laid it out on her design board and decided on a setting. Started sewing the rows together. It went so fast with two people working together.

This is the finished top. (Sorry for the blurriness) It came out so good. I love the setting we chose. It measures 57 x 81 inches. A good lap size. If you click on the picture you can see the border better. We sewed the two border strips together first then sewed them on as one border. I love the way it adds a design element in the corners of the quilt.

This is a close up of the blocks. It is a Jacob's Ladder block. A lot of pieces. I don't know how she got those blocks together so fast. She said she did sleep!


I had a request for a picture of the machine my husband used to make the table leg. Here it is. The lathe was given to my husband by his Dad. He could not use it anymore so he passed it on. My husband loves woodworking and the lathe is a new toy. I think he will enjoy using it.

Thought I would show you what it started out looking like. This is how it was cut from the tree. My husband had to shave off quite a bit before he could put it on the lathe.

This is the boards he glued together to make the top. It will measure 18 x 20 inches. A little bit oval shape. This is all the wood he has and is having to make do. I'll show more pics when it is further along.

Today my friend is coming over with the housewarming quilt to quilt it on my frame. Hopefully I'll remember to take some pics when it is finished to show you.

Quilt til your arm falls off...

2 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Jacob's Ladder has always been one of my favorite quit blocks. You are right....that is quite a project to finish in a week's time. Does she have to quilt it as well? WOW! I love the colors that your friend chose too.

That is quite a machine. The table sounds like it will be awesome. Be sure to get some pictures of it for us.

Claudia said...

It's a lovely quilt, I was looking for a project of a quilt for my mother's bed. I will use this, but I will realize it in an year and not in a week!
Claudia