Thursday, February 7, 2008



This is a picture of the blocks I have been working on since before Christmas. There are 70 friendship stars and 70 appliqued hearts. There will be sashing in between the four-patched hearts and stars. I'm looking for just the right batik to go with these brights and jewel tone colors. Maybe it will be too busy with a batik. Maybe I should go with a solid. What do you think? Any suggestions? It is a very busy quilt. I have another one I am working on that is exactly the same except it is in 1930's fabrics and the friendship stars are nine-patches. I am looking for a fabric for the sashing on that one too. I will try to get a picture of that one on another day. I love all of the colors in this. The quilts are for two friends of mine that are stepdaughter and stepmom to each other. They are wonderful people. Always friendly and uplifting. Good friends. That's all right now. Have a blessed day.

3 comments:

Apple said...

I think maybe a solid, but which solid to pick...that would be a tough one...

Erin said...

wow I think the blocks are wonderful, very nice!!

Retro Girl said...

This is gorgeous! So are the quilts over at Apple's blog! You're amazing!