Monday, August 4, 2008

I had fun yesterday! I went shopping to spend some money that my husband found that was given to us at Christmas (he had put it on his night stand because we were not sure how we wanted to spend it and forgot about it, he recently cleaned off his night stand and found it). We bought a new photo all-in-one printer, scanner, copier, fax. It will print some really good photos on fabric for my quilting. We also bought a laptop. I fought this for a while because, let's face it, I spend way to much time on the computer as it is, but I wanted one and we could afford it. I will be able to take it with us on our vacation coming up soon so my son can do his school work on it (we home school). Oh well, I justified it anyway. I am liking the portability (except the battery doesn't last that long). I don't like typing on it though, the keys are very smooth really almost feel like one big key. I find my fingernails get in the way when I type. So if there are some typos please excuse them. I'm sure I will have lots of practice and get used to it.

I have to go and hand quilt now so I will write more later.

3 comments:

Apple said...

You will get used to it...I promise!!

Unknown said...

OR ... USB a separate keyboard into the lap top. That was how I got used to it. Two years later ... I just use the lap top keyboard

Needled Mom said...

What a nice "surprise." I didn't care for the sensitivity of the keys or the mouse on my laptop when I started using it. Now it doesn't bother me and I love to be able to check out my info anywhere.